Current Series: There's A World Beyond Your Selfie
Worship is how we connect with God and with each other as a community. It helps us realize God's dream for God's creation and invites us to live into it throughout the week. Worship gives us an opportunity to learn, dig deeper and experience good news as we wrestle with and explore the difficult questions of life and faith. Worship at RISE is comprised of music, scripture, prayers and relevant messages that leave us empowered to give love to a world that desperately needs it.
RISE Worship takes place every Sunday morning at exactly 10(ish) at Court Square Theater in Downtown Harrisonburg.
Need help getting to Court Square Theater? Justin drew you a map ... or you can request a ride using the big green button below!
Child care is available during worship. Email us for more information.
What to Expect
- Worship at RISE is informal, passionate, and authentic and is a place to receive love, give love, and repeat.
- Expect to be welcomed and loved from the moment you walk in.
- Wear anything you want. Pajamas or a tuxedo. It's all good.
- Enjoy fresh coffee and scrumptious breakfast foods. (Occasionally, we even have the famous Harrisonburg Farmer's Market donuts!)
- Be as upfront or as discrete as you want to be. God loves you whether you want to blend into the back or dance in the front. And we do too.
- Hear a message full of good news, but not afraid to ask hard questions, wrestle with the stuff of life and faith, and leave you challenged and changed.
- Expect to be sent out in peace and with passion to give love to a world that desperately needs it.
How to Get There
Court Square Theater is located in Downtown Harrisonburg at 61 Graham Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. (View the map below for directions!) There are a number of options you have to get there...
- If you're a JMU student, you can take the Harrisonburg Church Shuttle. For information about the Church Shuttle, click here. (Note: The link opens a PDF file from the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation.) We'll have folks from the RISE community stationed at each bus stop on Sunday mornings!
- Drive yourself! In case you're wondering, the best place to park for Sunday morning worship is either the Water St. parking deck or the Elizabeth St. parking deck. Court Square Theater is right between the two!
- Use the RISE Rideboard! Just let us know where you need to go and where you want to be picked up from and we'll take care of the rest. It's no biggie... just givin' love one ride at a time.
- Call or text us. If you call us by 9:30 am on Sunday mornings, we will come and pick you up! (...Provided you are in the Harrisonburg area... no trips out of state, please!) Just call 540-324-3241.
- Walk. Seriously! If it's a beautiful morning, you may just want to enjoy the walk downtown.